Tuesday 30 June 2009

One whole year: the Good News

Have I really been an elder a year?

My goodness, time flies!

12 months onwards on my road to elder "ado" and here is the good news
  1. God answers prayer: He really does. Gift days, staff appointments, and the day to day stuff. Jehovah Jireh: God certainly provides
  2. People finding Jesus: yep, just taken 11 people from the Alpha Course through the Freedom in Christ Course. There is nothing greater than people finding Jesus.
  3. Loving Jesus: There is nothing else is there? I mean, really, is there? I have less time for Church politics, less time for theological sabre rattling and just want to serve my Lord, more than ever, deeper, further, an adventure following my saviour.
  4. Vision: If I had much more vision I think I may pop! Reaching the lost here. Growing a big Church here. Being part of a wider body of Christ. Churches working together here. Shared mission here. Reaching a town and region for Christ. It is not what we do that concerns me that much, it is the harvest that has not been reached yet.
12 months. Not a long time, but long enough to realise there is only one person whose opinion matters, only one person whose understanding is complete and only one person whose grace is sufficient. In the world of private investments I am banking on Jesus.

No comments: