Sunday 5 July 2009

Off to Brighton

This morning we had a Ukranian Pastor and a Romanian pastor with us. That can only mean one thing: it is time for the Together on a Mission (TOAM) conference!

I cannot believe it is just a year since the last one

Just 12 months since the visit of Mark Driscoll

Here is where I am at:
  1. I am a bit disappointed that there will not be many big hitting contributions from outside the movement in the programme. That is not a major complaint, as I understand why most of the main sessions will be done in house, but even so. I think TOAM is such a wonderful opportunity to bring input from the outside. I am open hearted about it and it may well have been the right decision, but it has affected my anticipation of the event.
  2. I am looking forward to having some time out and catching up on a few things, such as my blogging! I still have notes from the evangelists summit to type up: let alone the great teaching that will happen at TOAM. It will be good to have some "time out" for reflection.
  3. It will be good to hang out with some of the people from our Church. I am sharing a room with a guy on year project fairly near the conference venue so won't have the commuting torture of last year. Looking forward to the fun & friendship aspect of the week.
  4. It will be good to catch up with old friends. I already have old year project friends and a university friend lined up to see, so breaks will be interactive affairs!
  5. I really do anticipate God speaking to our movement of Churches during this conference, and speaking to me, so I expect to leave Brighton on Friday inspired and encouraged.

No comments: