Tuesday 27 April 2010

Facing your fears

On Saturday I did something I had tried to do before, but failed.
I climbed Snowdon via Crib Goch. It was much fun, a bit scary, and I am very pleased to have conquered that step of my preparation.
The two lads I went with are trying their hand at fell running, so we ran back from the summit of Snowdon.



We did the whole thing in under 3 hours, which is decent going.

Yesterday, in keeping with my new found confidence we had another crack at our local training circuit. Under two weeks ago I said 2 hours 20 was the goal. Last week I hit 2 hours 19. Yesterday it was 2 hours 13.

Step by step I am getting closer to being ready for the big challenge ahead.

2 comments:

Jongudmund said...

Crib Goch is a biggie.

I'm guessing you ran back either the pig track or the miners, yeah?

Blue, with a hint of amber said...

yeah, back down the miner's