Wednesday 8 December 2010

Manflu

I hate "manflu".

Headache, shivers, sore throat, runny nose, uncontrollable sneezing, lethargy.

I felt rough on Sunday but lasted out two Sunday meetings but then knew I needed to slow down.

Monday was a day in bed, showering at 5.15pm when I decided to "get up".

Tuesday saw me attempt two meetings before going home at lunch while Wednesday has seen me knocked out at home, just a few emails winging around.

I feel miserable, and I don't like being miserable. Grumpy is not even in my nature, and yet feeling like this just seems to evoke grumpiness!

It has been a long time since I lost 3 days in a row to being poorly. Still, at least the Cat has had some company!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I will never again underestimate this so called "man-flu!" There's something going round our area and, although I usually have good resistance and immunity with working with children, it's hit me mega-hard. As you say, it makes you feel not only ill- but very miserable. (You as in "One"- but didn't want to sound like Royalty!)As Baldrick would probably NOT say, "I'm more miserable than a miserable person who's had their prize turnip stolen!"
I'm glad you're obviously back on form and your usual chirpy self!
Pauline